Thursday, September 30

Birthday

I turned 19 today. Not much was planned, I went to English at school, and then sat around my house, and then went to work. Nothing particularly awesome. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't get so see Mark, seeing as when I had to go to go to work, Mark was just about getting out of it.
But surprise of surprises, I look up from the hostess desk at work, and see Mark strutting over to me, with big yellow flowers that look like the sun, and a large piece of chocolate cake, a big smile on his face.
I beamed. I mean BEAMED. I smiled so big! And I hugged him and thanked him, and took the flowers and cake from him, and he lit the two candles in the shape of a 1 and a 9 and lit them, and I made a wish and blew out the candles. Mark said happy birthday, and kissed me, and I felt so happy. No one could even compare.
He said he would have gotten me roses, but the life expectancy of them was really short and knowing I love flowers he wanted ones that would last, so he got some in my favorite color.
It was the best birthday gift I'd ever gotten from anyone.
My manager came by and told me to get rid of him not long after, and I can't blame him. But nonetheless seeing him even a little was way better than I could have hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment